The Greater Detroit Building
and Construction Trades Council represents the highly skilled
construction workers in Southeast Michigan's construction industry.
- Promotes a fair wage and benefit standard
and as well as safe working conditions for the construction workers
- Coordinates internal activities among
our affiliated trade unions.
- Establishes and maintains liaisons with
construction contractors, owners and other labor organizations.
- Promotes construction as a career choice.
- Communicates with our affiliated unions
and individual members.
- Participates in the collective bargaining
process for some workers.
- Takes an active role in the political
process with get-out-the-vote efforts, helping the campaigns
of candidates who support our goals, and making sure the political
process is fair to our members.